Are you someone who loves trying new dishes?
This dish has turned non-seafood lovers and curry-worriers into seafood lovers and curry fanatics. Our unique curry blend made up of 18 different spices combined with these mussels and a fresh loaf of bread are the perfect trio as it will have you drinking out of your bowl, wishing you had more! Follow the recipe and taste perfection.
You will need:
A fresh loaf of bread (or two)
Mussels (Recipe is based on 6 lbs of mussels).
2 ½ teaspoon of curry powder (Horton’s)
¼ cup of fresh green onions (chopped)
¼ cup of fresh parsley (chopped)
½ cup of shallots (chopped)
1 cup of cream (whipping cream)
1 ¾ cups of dry white wine
- Clean mussels
- Add wine, shallots and garlic in a pot. Cook on medium low, allowing wine to simmer and become translucent.
- Once the wine is translucent, add the curry and cream and stir for a couple of minutes so that the cream and curry is heated and mixed well.
- Once mixed, add the mussels, cover and let steam for a few minutes until the shells have opened wide.
- Once shells have opened wide, transfer the mussels into a separate bowl.
- Add the butter, cream, green onions and parsley. Stir until fully mixed.
- Add the mussels back into the pot and serve.